> Home Loan for Regular Purchase
Veterans Affairs (VA) loan guarantees are made for the purchase of homes, condominiums, co-ops, and manufactured homes.
VA guarantees a percentage of the loan. This helps the Veteran obtain a no-down payment mortgage at a competitive interest rate.
VA loans may also be refinanced.
General Program Requirements:
Persons who may qualify for VA guaranteed loans include:
- Veterans (including Reserve and National Guard members who were called to active duty)
- Active duty servicemembers
- Current Reserve and Guard members (usually after six years of reserve service)
- Certain surviving spouses
Commissioned Officers of the Public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are considered to be active duty members and Veterans, once discharged.
Length-of-service requirements apply in most cases.
Generally, in order to receive VA benefits and services the Veteran/servicemember's character of discharge or service must be under other than dishonorable conditions (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, general). However, individuals receiving undesirable, bad conduct, and other types of dishonorable discharges may qualify for VA benefits depending on a determination made by VA.
Market Interest Rate, VA funding fee and no pre-payment penalties. Maximum loan term cannot exceed 30 years. No maximum loan amount; monthly payment frequency.
To apply, you will need a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE). There are several ways to obtain your COE:
- You may be able to obtain a COE online through eBenefits at www.ebenefits.va.gov .
- If you are unable to obtain your COE through eBenefits, check with your lender. In most cases, your lender will be able to obtain a COE for you using the Automated Certificate of Eligibility (ACE) program.
- You can download VA Form 26-1880, "Request for A Certificate of Eligibility" at
Complete it and mail it with proof of military service to our Eligibility Center at:
Atlanta Regional Loan Center
ATTN: COE (262)
P.O. Box 100034
Decatur, GA 30031
For more information on this program, visit:
Program Contact Information:
If you have questions, please visit to search Frequently Asked Questions:
eBenefits is a one-stop source for information on Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs benefits and services. With a free Premium level eBenefits account, Veterans and Servicemembers can conduct self-service transactions such as checking claim status information, GI Bill enrollment, and obtaining copies of civil service preference letters, DD214, and other personal information. For further information and to register for a free Premium level account, visit:
Department of Veterans Affairs